Mom @ 60 in Heaven!



Happy birthday, Ma! It could have been your 60th. I remembered how you anticipated being a senior citizen and all the perks that go with it... like free movies every week! You're such a cinéaste! I definitely got that from you.

I miss you.  I miss the feeling of really being home, its idyllic warmth and comfort only mothers can fill. It's never the same without you.  Sometimes when I wake up in the middle of the night, I get fully conscious that you're no longer here. It becomes excruciatingly painful. The nostalgia can get so unbearable.  

But I gather my own strength and peace of mind in knowing that you're in a much better place now. I still miss you, terribly so.  I remember hugging you while screaming, "You're so fluffy!" 

You will always be the sweetest thing, Mom. I think I got that from you too!  

Happy 60th! I love you... always!


Comments

Popular Posts